Innovative problem solver with a variety of skills from small business development, product development and project management, to technical B2B and B2C marketing.
Connor Wood Bicycles
Jan 2012 – Present
Owner, designer and builder of Connor Wood Bicycles.
- Design build and market bespoke wood bicycles.
- Manage all aspects of start-up business including product development, sales, PR, and marketing.
- Startup and manage a small business and manage all client and vendor sales and relations.
- Develop manufacturing processes with wood and composite technologies including CNC machining with CAD and CAM design.
- Produce award-winning designs and international marketing presence as an innovative product developer.
- Incorporate new adhesive and composite technologies in the traditional woodworking space to engineer new material uses.
- Create new models and lead the development of the wood bicycle as a innovative new/old technology.
- Implement a world wide marketing and social media presence to reach a global high-end market.
- Featured in national and international commercial campaigns.
- Build on a background of solid design and aesthetics with designing furniture and other beautiful wood creations.
Program Development 2016-2017
University of Colorado – Denver
Human Powered Vehicle competition with University of Colorado. Worked with CU Mechanical Engineering team and a group of local high schools to develop a competition between schools to further a STEAM (Science Technology Engineering Arts and Math) curriculum, focusing on coupling good aesthetic design with engineering. Assisted with grant writing and secured over $1m in funding from NSF. Judged the first successful competition Spring 2017.
Sales and Development , Spring 2017
Primal Colorado Bike Expo
Worked with expo team to produce a world-class cycling event in Denver. Sold booth space and promoted programming and event logistics. http://www.coloradobikeexpo.com/
Marketing/Media Consulting 2010 – 2017
Acting producer for new media marketing presentations. Worked with content, design and programming team to create a series of short interactive marketing presentations and development of corporate web site. http://www.interstaterestoration.com/
2006 – 2009
- Build and market world-class classical acoustic guitars.
- Mange and grow a family business building classical acoustic guitars.
- Build guitars and improve manufacturing processes with new procedures, new jigs, fixtures and machinery.
- Setup business structure and accounting systems.
- Establish marketing communications, including web site, look and feel, product descriptions and organization.
Managing New Media Producer
Leopard, An Ogilvy Company
2006 – 2007
- Lead the New Media department in its offerings and technologies.
- Manage team of programmers and video editors.
- Define processes and workflow for producing new media and interactive presentations.
- Sell new media offerings, define scope of work, budget, timeline and technologies.
- Collaborate with internal departments to mange new media projects, resource allocation, budgets and timelines.
Senior Technical Project Manager
2000 – 2006
- Plan, manage, sell, and produce traditional and interactive marketing and advertising communications.
- Lead strategy, creative, writing, and technical teams in the launch, re-positioning, and branding of client companies and products.
- Produce and manage Web sites, e-mail and online marketing campaigns, and pay-per-click advertising.
- Project manage and produce interactive CD- and Web-based new media presentations.
- Develop initiatives such as creative platforms, key messaging guides, visual identities, and integrated marketing campaigns.
- Manage development of creative marketing communication strategies and tactics, including brochures, advertisements, and direct mail.
- Develop technical project requirements, define information architecture, create interface design, and perform usability analysis.
- Write proposals and estimates defining scope of work and project budgets.
- Manage budgets and timelines and negotiate contracts and agreements with clients and vendors.
BA Psychology, Knox College. Galesburg Illinois