Innovative problem solver with a variety of skills from small business development, product development and project management, to technical B2B and B2C marketing.
Connor Wood Bicycles
Jan 2012 – Present
Owner, designer and builder of Connor Wood Bicycles.
- Launch wood bicycles as a viable alternative material within the traditional world of cycling and define my brand as one of the worldwide leaders creating a new class of bicycles.
- Design, build, market and sell bespoke wood bicycles.
- Manage all aspects of start-up business including product development, sales, PR, and marketing.
- Develop manufacturing processes with wood and composite technologies including CNC machining with CAD and CAM design.
- Produce award-winning designs and international marketing presence as an innovative product developer.
- Incorporate new adhesive and composite technologies in the traditional woodworking space to engineer new material uses.
- Create new bike models and lead the development of the wood bicycle as a innovative new/old technology.
- Implement a world wide marketing and social media presence to reach a global high-end market. Some of my PRESS here
- Featured in national and international commercial campaigns.
- Build on a background of solid design and aesthetics with designing furniture and other beautiful wood creations.
Program Development 2016-2017
University of Colorado – Denver
Human Powered Vehicle competition with University of Colorado. Worked with CU Mechanical Engineering team and a group of local high schools to develop a competition between schools to further a STEAM (Science Technology Engineering Arts and Math) curriculum, focusing on coupling good aesthetic design with practical engineering. Assisted with grant writing for funding from NSF. Judged the first successful competition Spring 2017.
Sales and Development , Spring 2017
Primal Colorado Bike Expo
Worked with expo team to produce a world-class cycling event in Denver. Sold booth space and promoted programming. http://www.coloradobikeexpo.com/
Marketing/Media Consulting 2010 – 2017
Acting producer for new media marketing presentations. Worked with content, design and programming team to create a series of short interactive marketing presentations and development of a new corporate web site. http://www.interstaterestoration.com/
2006 – 2009
- Built and marketed world-class classical acoustic guitars.
- Manged the growth of a small family business.
- Optimized manufacturing operations with new procedures, new jigs, fixtures and machinery.
- Setup business structure and accounting systems.
- Established marketing communications, including web site, look and feel, product descriptions and organization.
Managing New Media Producer
Leopard, An Ogilvy Company
2006 – 2007
- Lead the New Media department in its offerings and technologies.
- Managed a team of programmers and video editors.
- Defined processes and workflow for producing new media and interactive presentations.
- Sold new media offerings, defined scope of work, budget, timeline and technologies.
- Collaborated with internal departments to mange new media projects, allocated resources, budgets and timelines.
Senior Technical Project Manager
2000 – 2006
- Planned, managed, sold, and produced traditional and interactive marketing and advertising communications.
- Lead strategy, creative, writing, and technical teams in the launch, re-positioning, and branding of client companies and products.
- Produced and managed Web sites, e-mail and online marketing campaigns, and pay-per-click advertising.
- Project managed and produced interactive CD- and Web-based new media presentations.
- Developed initiatives such as creative platforms, key messaging guides, visual identities, and integrated marketing campaigns.
- Managed development of creative marketing communication strategies and tactics, including brochures, advertisements, and direct mail.
- Developed technical project requirements, defined information architecture, created interface design, and performed usability analysis.
- Wrote proposals and estimates defining scope of work and project budgets.
- Managed budgets and timelines and negotiate contracts and agreements with clients and vendors.
Early Career Experience
- Video and interactive web production
- Sales and account management
- Event management
BA Psychology and political science, Knox College. Galesburg Illinois.